A POWERFUL WAY TO PLAY
- Experience the technique sought after by agents
- Developed by Sanford Meisner at the Neighborhood Playhouse from 1935-1990.
- Learn to stop "acting" and instead react honestly to your partner moment by moment.
- Master the technique of professionals.
- Compete with professionals on a national scale, or to land parts locally, on stage and screen.
BE PREPARED FOR STAGE OR FILM
- Impress when you enter the room.
- Give a great cold reading.
- Prepare emailed sides for callbacks.
- Nail on-camera auditions.
- Leave your audition sending the right message.
- Bond with casting directors, talent agents and even difficult directors.
- Dress right for your audition
Our instructor, David Kossack, onset.
AT A GLANCE
Experience dedicated staff
Perform in sold out showcases
Discover our vast network
Create lifelong friendships
Join our community
"We auditioned actors
in NY, LA, and Ithaca.
AWI grads nailed their auditions, landing most leading and supporting roles in my feature film.
I continue to get feedback
from producers about the
excellence of the acting.
The training offered right here in Ithaca, through AWI, is unparalleled."
Cathy Lee Crane Award Winning Filmmaker & Ithaca College Film Professor
a class for everyone
- M/W, 5pm-8pm
Instructor: Eliza VanCort
Class begins Sept. 17, 2018
- T/Th, 10am-12pm
Instructor: David Kossack
Class begins Sept. 11, 2018
- T/Th, 5pm-8pm
Instructor: Katie Spallone
Class begins Sept. 18, 2018
- semester runs 10-15 weeks
- no experience necessary
- different teachers for your unique goals
the business behind "the business"
- Refine your elevator pitch.
- Pick the perfect headshot.
- Network strategically.
- Interview effectively with agents.
- Authentically brand yourself.
Kim Gordon preps for a showcase.